The PTS CAR-15 N23 PDW is the first model AEG rifle for our new PTS “Real-Spec” Legacy Airsoft Series. The original N23 was conceived and built by Dave Merrill, a well-known firearms expert and writer, who was inspired by an image of a truncated cutaway schematic of the AR15 that was filed in Colt’s original patent.
The N23 combines a very retro-vintage appearance with the latest in airsoft technology. The retro appearance starts with the vintage style “Model 607/VN” style receiver with a fixed carry handle and no forward assist. Complementing it is a uniquely shortened CAR-15 style “narrow” handguards and a custom shortened XM177 style buttstock on a custom shortened buffer tube. The end result is an ultra-compact AEG that looks vintage and “authentic” but has an almost toy-like quality due to its exaggeratedly shrunken proportions.
Internally, the i5 gearbox features a quick change spring for power adjustment, bearing bushings for higher efficiency and lower power consumption, and an electronic trigger and MOSFET for faster trigger responses and electrical wiring protection.
The N23 is a very unique and limited production offering for the airsoft player and collector that is also practical for field use.
- Model 607 VN style of upper and lower receiver
- 7” Length Barrel
- 3 holes “skinny” CAR handguard
- Modified 3 position XM177 style short buffer tube
- Modified XM177 style butt-stock
- M16A1 style Flash Hider with A1 style lock washer
- V2 i5 Gearbox - includes inline i5 MOSFET with electronic trigger and electronic selector, eliminating sensitive trigger switches and selector plates.
- Rear Wired & Li-Po Ready – Can handle the power of 11.1v Li-Po batteries.
Disclaimer: This product is for airsoft, training and stimulation only. Please be aware that this product is not compatible with real firearms. Users should be alert that airsoft products are potentially dangerous which can cause serious injury and even death. If user misused this product, PTS will not take any responsibility accordingly.